Prep 50 mins
Cook 45 mins
This a healthy, low sodium recipe that's very tasty. Got this one from my sister.
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in one inch strips
- 1 packet low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules, dissolved in
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced in rings
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread sesame seeds in baking pan and toast in oven 5-10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Roll chicken strips in toasted seeds and place in single layer in baking pan.
- Combine chicken stock, soy sauce, sesame oil and wine.
- Pour over chicken.
- Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Top with sliced mushrooms and onion rings.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Toss with pasta.
So good! My husband was so excited we had leftovers for lunch the next day.