Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Similar to another Sesame Chicken Pasta Salad recipe posted here, but different enough to post it. I get lots of requests for this recipe when I make this. If you have a Trader Joes close by or any other well stocked grocery store, try using Orange Champagne Vinegar instead of plain White Wine Vinegar- yummmm. Be sure to allow the pan to cool some before you add the soy sauce in step 4, otherwise it will splatter everywhere!!
- 1 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil (canola or other vegetable oil)
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, torn
- Boil water, add pasta and cook according to directions.
- Drain and rinse pasta with cool water, set aside.
- Heat oil on a small skillet over med-low heat. Stir in sesame seeds and cook until light brown.
- Remove from heat and allow the pan to cool (or you will regret it!). Stir in soy sauce, vinegar and sugar and stir to combine.
- Add cooled pasta to a bowl, pour dressing over the top and mix well. Stir in cooked chicken. There will be a lot of dressing left on the bottom of the bowl- don't worry, it will be absorbed. Cover and refrigerate 3-6 hours, stirring a couple of times. If you skip this step, the dressing will not absorb.
- Before serving stir in parsley, green onions and torn spinach and mix well.