Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This may sound a little odd--but trust me, it's delicious, and low carb to boot!
Make and share this Sesame Chicken (Or Shrimp) Lettuce Wrap recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tbsps smooth peanut butter, softened in microwave 15 seconds on high
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 large iceberg lettuce
- Sprinkle garlic powder, salt and lemon pepper over chicken breasts.
- Pour cooking oil into saute pan, sauted chicken breasts until cooked through.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together softened peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, hot sauce and ginger.
- Mix veggies (except lettuce) into soy sauce mixture.
- Slice chicken breasts and stir into veggie mix until well coated.
- Spoon into lettuce leaves, sprinkle sesame seeds over top, roll and enjoy!
- Can substitute 2 lbs.
Good! I made this last weekend with minor changes. I used shredded napa cabbage instead of coleslaw mix and used diced jicama instead of the bean sprouts. I made the dressing as written, but found it to be not sweet enough, so added 2 teaspoons of sugar. I garnished with some cut cilantro and voila - yummy chicken wraps! I love the crunchiness of this. Even after I added the sugar, I didn't like the dressing as well as some others I have tried but for those who love the peanut butter flavor, this is great. Thanks for posting, Dragonfly AZ, I printed this out five years ago and finally gave it a try. Glad I did!