Recipe by 2Bleu
You can use chicken tenders for this recipe also. Great OAMC recipe as you can freeze the nuggets after frying. Just reheat them on a cookie sheet in a 375F oven for about 15 minutes.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this up for one of the monthly meetings I host, & they were such a big hit, I now must make the entire recipe another time for a special dinner just for the 2 of us! Loved the dipping sauce (which I tripled), & can see it topping the chicken on a bed of brown rice! Thanks, much, for a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple preserves
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- vegetable oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- SWEET SAUCE: Mix all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and cook till warm. Makes about 1 cup.
- CHICKEN: Mix egg, milk, garlic powder, sesame seeds and flour into a large bowl. Add in chicken pieces, stirring to coat.
- FRYING: Using a deep fryer, heat oil to 350F and carefully add chicken pieces in a single layer, frying until golden (about 3-4 minutes). (do in batches if necessary). Drain on paper towels. Serve with toothpicks for dipping.