Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
After watching a programme on the making of chicken products, I swore never to buy processed chicken again. A problem when my kids love nuggets. I searched for a recipe and found this one in Simply Delicious. My kids love it, and their friends request it whenever they come here. Tasty, simple and easy, I can't help but wonder why I ever bothered buying it ready made before. I've made this with and without mint. Add another 30 mins chilling time to the timing.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 100 g dried breadcrumbs, i use the stuff sold in supermarkets
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Cut chicken breasts into 4 cm (2in) cubes.
- In a large bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, mint, paprika, salt and pepper until thoroughly combined.
- Coat chicken nuggets first in beaten egg and then in breadcrumb mixture. Put on a baking sheet and chill for 30 minutes Heat oil in a frying pan and fry nuggets for 10 mins, turning occasionally until golden and crispy.
- Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper before serving.
- Recipe suggests serving with tartar sauce. My kids grabbed a bottle of Heinz tomato sauce.
- Tip: chilling the chicken once it is coated in breadcrumbs makes the mixture less likely to fall off during frying. (So says the recipe!).