Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love using the grill and this is one of my favorite recipes. Allow at least 2 to 3 hours marinating time. From Taste of Home.
- 1⁄3 cup sherry wine or 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger or 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a bowl, combine the sherry or broth, soy sauce, onions, preserves, oil, garlic, hot pepper sauce and 1-1/2 tsps. sesame seeds.
- Pour 1/3 cup into another bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate.
- Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight; turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- On metal or soaked wooden skewers; alternately thread chicken and peppers.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6 minutes, turning once.
- Baste with reserved marinade.
- Grill 5-10 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear; turning and basting frequently.
- Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds.