I love using the grill and this is one of my favorite recipes. Allow at least 2 to 3 hours marinating time. From Taste of Home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup sherry wine or 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger or 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted, divided
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1In a bowl, combine the sherry or broth, soy sauce, onions, preserves, oil, garlic, hot pepper sauce and 1-1/2 tsps. sesame seeds.
- 2Pour 1/3 cup into another bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate.
- 3Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight; turning occasionally.
- 4Drain and discard marinade.
- 5On metal or soaked wooden skewers; alternately thread chicken and peppers.
- 6Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6 minutes, turning once.
- 7Baste with reserved marinade.
- 8Grill 5-10 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear; turning and basting frequently.
- 9Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Chicken Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.8
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 986.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 28.8 g