T. Woolfe's Note:
Exactly what the name says, a faux cutlet thing. I did these in the oven but they might well have been better pan fried. Sesame and ginger are the primary non chicken flavors. I planned to use Tahini in this but mine was too long on the shelf so I had to mortar my own.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g chicken leg meat, ground
- 14.79 ml toasted sesame seeds, mortared into 1/2 tsp sesame oil or 14.79 ml tahini
- 4.92 ml regular soy sauce
- 4.92 ml dried green onion flakes or 9.85 ml finely chopped green onions
- 4.92 ml brown sugar
- 7.39 ml finely chopped ginger
- 1 medium egg
- 59.14 ml panko breadcrumbs or 59.14 ml fine breadcrumbs
- 1Foil a grill over a drip pan,I hate grill scrubbing.
- 2Set your oven to 350F preheat.
- 3Mix everything together in a bowl.
- 4This will be almost sloppy loose, it's supposed to be.
- 5Shape into 2 patties about an inch thick.
- 6If you are going to pan fry coat the patties with Panko.
- 7But if it's for the oven don't bother.
- 8Bake in a 350F oven until you get a 160F interior, instant thermometer here.
- 9For me about 25 minute.
- 10If you're pan frying till firm and lightly browned.
- 11This ended up fairly mild in flavor with the Ginger and Sesame complimenting the chicken.
- 12You could raise the ginger, I will next time.
- 13There will be a next time as it went well with Rice sprinkled with some Sesame salad dressing.
- 14Obviously I like Sesame.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Chicken from the Ground Up
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.0
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 183.8 mg
- Sodium 396.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 29.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried green onion flakes