Recipe by T. Woolfe
Exactly what the name says, a faux cutlet thing. I did these in the oven but they might well have been better pan fried. Sesame and ginger are the primary non chicken flavors. I planned to use Tahini in this but mine was too long on the shelf so I had to mortar my own.
Top Review by liliya_99
I must confess that I have forgotten the brown sugar and my sesame seeds were black (that's all I have). I also used turkey meat instead of chicken. I browned the meatballs in the pan first and then finished them in the oven. Next time I will make some kind of a sauce with them and either serve them with the sauce or pout the sauce over them for the final stage (oven).
- 1⁄2 lb chicken leg meat, ground
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, mortared into 1/2 tsp sesame oil or 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon regular soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried green onion flakes or 2 teaspoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 medium egg
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs or 1⁄4 cup fine breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Foil a grill over a drip pan,I hate grill scrubbing.
- Set your oven to 350F preheat.
- Mix everything together in a bowl.
- This will be almost sloppy loose, it's supposed to be.
- Shape into 2 patties about an inch thick.
- If you are going to pan fry coat the patties with Panko.
- But if it's for the oven don't bother.
- Bake in a 350F oven until you get a 160F interior, instant thermometer here.
- For me about 25 minute.
- If you're pan frying till firm and lightly browned.
- This ended up fairly mild in flavor with the Ginger and Sesame complimenting the chicken.
- You could raise the ginger, I will next time.
- There will be a next time as it went well with Rice sprinkled with some Sesame salad dressing.
- Obviously I like Sesame.