Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
From Cooking Light March 2006
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh lemongrass
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 2 cups frozen bell peppers, stir-fry mix
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup diagonally cut green onion
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ginger, lemongrass, and garlic; sauté 1 minute or just until mixture begins to brown.
- Add chicken; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add edamame and stir-fry mix; sauté 3 minutes.
- Combine soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, and cornstarch, stirring with a whisk. Add to pan; cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in onions, sesame seeds, and salt.
- Serve over rice.
This is delicious. I didn't have the lemongrass but other wise followed the recipe. Well, I did add some mango and cauliflower I found in the frig and I doubled the sauce because of my additions. Beautiful and full of fresh goodness, kburie.
Already starting my diet for next summer so I can wear my itsy bitsy, teeny, weenie yellow polka dot bikini...in public. ;-)