Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe appeared in a Food Network publication a few years back and I am not sure who to credit....the wings are great and you will love them.
- 2⁄3 cup bottled teriyaki sauce
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 3 -4 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 24 chicken drummettes
- 4 tablespoons bottled barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- In a large sealable plastic bag place the drummies,teriyaki sauce, sherry and sesame seeds. Turn to coat and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat the overn to 400* and cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Transfer chicken to the cookie sheet and discard marinade.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes ur until golden brown.
- Prepare sauce by mixing the barbecue sauce, honey and sesame oil. Brush chicken with some of the sauce and bake another 5 minutes. Turn wings over and brush with the remaining sauce baking for another 5 minutes or until no pink remains at the bone. Serve warm.
- I always use both parts of the chicken wing -- it's cheaper!
Delicious recipe. Makes a great snack or party food. Thanks Chef53Kathy for a great recipe.