Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My 5 year old loves chicken wings. I have come up with several ways to make them. This one is his favorite.
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken drummettes (about 12)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine teriyaki sauce, sherry, and sesame seeds. Add chicken drumettes, turning to coat. Seal bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil. Using tongs, transfer drumettes to cookie sheet. Discard marinade. Bake until drumettes are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Mix barbecue sauce, honey, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Brush drumettes with half of sauce mixture and bake for 5 more minutes. Using clean tongs, turn drumettes over, brush other side with sauce mixture, and bake for 5 more minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
I cooked the drumettes a bit longer then stated in the recipe. The basting sauce is very good and gives them a nice glaze. I will cut down on the honey next time, probably half it. Avery nice and easy recipe, thanks for sharing it!
Well this has been in my cookbook for a long time, I have been meaning to make it! I should NOT have waited so long, it was delicious! I made it up in the marinade in the morning and we had it for supper that evening. The sauce is to die for, we LOVED it! Instead of just drummettes, we also used wings. Terrific recipe V, thanks for posting! :)