Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
My 5 year old loves chicken wings. I have come up with several ways to make them. This one is his favorite.
Top Review by Pets'R'us
I cooked the drumettes a bit longer then stated in the recipe. The basting sauce is very good and gives them a nice glaze. I will cut down on the honey next time, probably half it. Avery nice and easy recipe, thanks for sharing it!
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken drummettes (about 12)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine teriyaki sauce, sherry, and sesame seeds. Add chicken drumettes, turning to coat. Seal bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil. Using tongs, transfer drumettes to cookie sheet. Discard marinade. Bake until drumettes are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Mix barbecue sauce, honey, and sesame oil in a small bowl. Brush drumettes with half of sauce mixture and bake for 5 more minutes. Using clean tongs, turn drumettes over, brush other side with sauce mixture, and bake for 5 more minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.