Recipe by iewe
I found this on the Taste of Home website -- I love sesame chicken from the Chinese takeout place, and thought this was an interesting twist on a favorite dish. Time listed does not include chilling time, or marinating time.
Top Review by ChefD
This recipe is excellent. My sister-in-law made it last night for an appetizer party we held, it was great. I would recommend this recipe to anyone who likes appetizers with an "oriental" taste. Excellent.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 3 (8 ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) jar sweet and sour sauce
- sesame rice crackers
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil and garlic; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Spread cream cheese onto a large serving platter; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with onions, peanuts and spinach. Drizzle with sweet-and-sour sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers.