1/3 Photos of Sesame Chicken and Asparagus Pasta
A good friend of mine gave this to me and says that it's fabulous!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces linguine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hot chili oil (optional)
- 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 5 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 lb thin asparagus, trimmed
- 3 scallions, white bulb and inches green cut up
- 1 small cucumber, halved and seeded cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the linguine and cook until just tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again, and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Place the garlic, vinegar, brown sugar, peanut butter and soy sauce in a food processor. Process for one minute. With motor running, slowly add the sesame and chile oils through the feed tube, and process until well blended.
- 3Shred the chicken into 2 inc julienne and toss with linguine. Add the sauce and 4 T of the sesame seeds and toss to coat well.
- 4Cut the asaragus on a diagonal into 1 inch lengths. Blanch in a saucepan of boiling water for 1 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- 5Place the linguine and chicken in a large flat serving bowl and arrange the asaragus on top. Sprinkle with scallions, cucumber and remaining sesame seeds.
- 6Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Chicken and Asparagus Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.4
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 790.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 22.8 g