A good friend of mine gave this to me and says that it's fabulous!
Make and share this Sesame Chicken and Asparagus Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces linguine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon hot chili oil (optional)
- 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 5 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 lb thin asparagus, trimmed
- 3 scallions, white bulb and inches green cut up
- 1 small cucumber, halved and seeded cut into 1/4 inch dice
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the linguine and cook until just tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain again, and set aside in a large mixing bowl.
- Place the garlic, vinegar, brown sugar, peanut butter and soy sauce in a food processor. Process for one minute. With motor running, slowly add the sesame and chile oils through the feed tube, and process until well blended.
- Shred the chicken into 2 inc julienne and toss with linguine. Add the sauce and 4 T of the sesame seeds and toss to coat well.
- Cut the asaragus on a diagonal into 1 inch lengths. Blanch in a saucepan of boiling water for 1 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and pat dry.
- Place the linguine and chicken in a large flat serving bowl and arrange the asaragus on top. Sprinkle with scallions, cucumber and remaining sesame seeds.
- Serve at room temperature.