Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Just like take-away food...
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons powdered ginger (if using fresh use 1/2 the amount)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 -3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine first seven ingredients for sauce.
- Put in a quart jar; shake and refrigerate till needed.
- Mix chicken and soy sauce.
- Stir in egg.
- Add cornstarch and mix till chicken is coated.
- Fry the chicken until crispy and well done. Drain.
- Add the sauce mixture and the chicken to a clean wok or skillet.
- Cook until thick. Add water if it gets too thick.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with rice.