1/34 Photos of Sesame Chicken
Jenny White's Note:
This recipe really satisfies my craving for Chinese food. I serve it over rice and steamed vegetables on the side. The sauce makes just enough to glaze the chicken. I usually double or even triple the sauce recipe to have enough to pour over our rice and veggies. It is a nice low-fat alternative to the restaurant-style Sesame Chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken breast into 1 inch strips or bite size pieces.
- 2Heat a large non-stick skillet that has been sprayed with Pam, over medium-high heat.
- 3Cook chicken for about 6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 4Mix together honey, soy sauce, water, corn starch, ginger and red pepper flakes.
- 5Whisk until no corn starch lumps appear.
- 6Pour sauce mixture into skillet with chicken.
- 7Cook until sauce thickens slightly.
- 8You can add more water if sauce is too thick.
- 9Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 10Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken starts to soak up the sauce.
- 11Note: Since originally posting this recipe, I have tried some of the suggestions others have made. I do like it with a bit of sesame oil (be careful not to get too much, just a few drops at the end of cooking is good enough for me, but you might like more), fresh ginger is also good if you have it on hand. I have tried it with garlic and it is good that way also. I have also found that it is good with shrimp and pork. Basically what I am trying to say is, the original recipe is just a simple, quick and healthy meal I came up with when I was craving Chinese food. I thought it turned out really great and wanted to share it. I'm happy that so many of you have enjoyed it. For those of you that didn't care for it, I hope you can find one that suits your fancy some where else.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.8
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 1480.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 28.0 g