1/6 Photos of Sesame Chicken
This is really easy to make and delicious! You can leave out the chili if you don't like it spicy or cooking this for children.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cubed (or cut into strips)
- 1 -2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 cup water (maybe some more)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 -2 chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- chopped green onion, for garnish (optional)
- 1For the sauce, mix the cornstarch with the water until there are no lumps.
- 2Add the sherry, ketchup,honey, soy, garlic, ginger, chili and the sesame oil, set aside.
- 3In a non-stick frying pan heat the oil and fry the chicken for approx 5 minutes.
- 4Add the sauce mixture and cook until the sauce starts to thicken.
- 5Lower the heat, add the sesame seeds and simmer for approx 10 minutes.
- 6If the sauce is too thick add some more water.
- 7Serve with the green onions sprinkled on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.9
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 1409.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 38.9 g