This is really easy to make and delicious! You can leave out the chili if you don't like it spicy or cooking this for children.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, cubed (or cut into strips)
- 1 -2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup water (maybe some more)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 -2 chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- chopped green onion, for garnish (optional)
- For the sauce, mix the cornstarch with the water until there are no lumps.
- Add the sherry, ketchup,honey, soy, garlic, ginger, chili and the sesame oil, set aside.
- In a non-stick frying pan heat the oil and fry the chicken for approx 5 minutes.
- Add the sauce mixture and cook until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Lower the heat, add the sesame seeds and simmer for approx 10 minutes.
- If the sauce is too thick add some more water.
- Serve with the green onions sprinkled on top.