Top Review by Graybert
This dish was very tasty. I like that there is not very much oil used for frying - a good healthy choice! I marinaded my chicken for about one hour - so I think that it got a really good flavour into it - I also cut back the ginger by half - personal preference. Good recipe - will definately try again!! -Christina
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine soy sauce, maple syrup, sherry, ginger, pepper and Chinese five spice.
- Add chicken and marinate 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place sesame seeds on a baking tray and toast in oven for 10 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- Dredge chicken in flour seasoned with a little salt and pepper.
- Shake off any excess.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet.
- Add chicken and brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Place marinade in a pan and bring to a boil, boil 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken, reduce heat and sate 1-2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and roll chicken in sesame seeds.