Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
There are so many different variations on sesame chicken but this is my favorite.
Make and share this Sesame Chicken recipe from Food.com.
Ingredients for sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 -3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup cornstarch
- sesame seeds, toasted
- Combine ingredients for sauce. Put in a quart jar; shake and refrigerate till needed.
- Mix chicken and soy sauce; stir in egg. Add cornstarch and mix till chicken is coated. This will look terrible but the end result is what counts!
- Deep fry the chicken until crispy and well done. Drain.
- Add the sauce mixture and the chicken to a clean wok or skillet. Cook until thick. Add water if it gets too thick.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with rice.
This is the best recipe I've tried so far for Chinese take-out at home. I followed the recipe as best as I could except I ran out of soy sauce so I just used teriayki sauce to mix with the chicken and cornstarch. I completely forgot to add the egg in, but it still turned out great. I only had a little over a pound and a half of chicken but still made the sauce as written. That turned out to be a little too much sauce, but I'm sure it works nicely with the full amount of chicken. I will definitely make this again. Next time I'd like to try adding some red pepper flakes to it.
This was tasty! I made a couple of changes, though. I used 1/2 cup sugar, added a bit more cornstarch, and added a teaspoon of sesame oil, and less ginger, and a touch of rice wine vinegar. Other than that, I followed it to a tee, and it was great. I liked that it was less eggy than other recipes, and had a sweetness that was great with the chicken. I served it with rice and steamed broccoli. I will definitely be making this again! Thanks!