Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
There are so many different variations on sesame chicken but this is my favorite.
Make and share this Sesame Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Combine ingredients for sauce. Put in a quart jar; shake and refrigerate till needed.
- Mix chicken and soy sauce; stir in egg. Add cornstarch and mix till chicken is coated. This will look terrible but the end result is what counts!
- Deep fry the chicken until crispy and well done. Drain.
- Add the sauce mixture and the chicken to a clean wok or skillet. Cook until thick. Add water if it gets too thick.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with rice.
This is the best recipe I've tried so far for Chinese take-out at home. I followed the recipe as best as I could except I ran out of soy sauce so I just used teriayki sauce to mix with the chicken and cornstarch. I completely forgot to add the egg in, but it still turned out great. I only had a little over a pound and a half of chicken but still made the sauce as written. That turned out to be a little too much sauce, but I'm sure it works nicely with the full amount of chicken. I will definitely make this again. Next time I'd like to try adding some red pepper flakes to it.
This was tasty! I made a couple of changes, though. I used 1/2 cup sugar, added a bit more cornstarch, and added a teaspoon of sesame oil, and less ginger, and a touch of rice wine vinegar. Other than that, I followed it to a tee, and it was great. I liked that it was less eggy than other recipes, and had a sweetness that was great with the chicken. I served it with rice and steamed broccoli. I will definitely be making this again! Thanks!