Recipe by Miss ~V~
There are so many different variations on sesame chicken but this is my favorite.
Top Review by naydawn
This is the best recipe I've tried so far for Chinese take-out at home. I followed the recipe as best as I could except I ran out of soy sauce so I just used teriayki sauce to mix with the chicken and cornstarch. I completely forgot to add the egg in, but it still turned out great. I only had a little over a pound and a half of chicken but still made the sauce as written. That turned out to be a little too much sauce, but I'm sure it works nicely with the full amount of chicken. I will definitely make this again. Next time I'd like to try adding some red pepper flakes to it.
Ingredients for sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 -3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup cornstarch
- sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients for sauce. Put in a quart jar; shake and refrigerate till needed.
- Mix chicken and soy sauce; stir in egg. Add cornstarch and mix till chicken is coated. This will look terrible but the end result is what counts!
- Deep fry the chicken until crispy and well done. Drain.
- Add the sauce mixture and the chicken to a clean wok or skillet. Cook until thick. Add water if it gets too thick.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with rice.