Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
There are lots of variations on sesame chicken - here's my version that I got from a friend. My boyfriend loves it and requests it all the time. Exact amounts are listed, but this is a recipe you can "eyeball" and adjust as you like.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons plum sauce or 2 tablespoons fruit jelly
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken base, diluted in
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 -10 drops Tabasco sauce
- Cut chicken into strips and stir fry in the sesame oil.
- Reduce heat.
- Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT the cornstarch to the chicken.
- Don't overcook (it cooks fast).
- Thicken and coat the chicken with the thickening mixture.
- Add the cornstarch and cook until bubbly.
YUM! This was a wonderful find, I was looking for a quick chicken dish and I found this one while doing a search. The dish was so quick to make and the flavour was truly wonderful. I used chicken thighs because it was all I had at home and also had to substitute the plum sauce to cranberry sauce. I used the water to dilute the cornstarch/corn flour because of past experiences the corn flour would of had been lumpy if I added directly to hot dish. I served it on steam rice. Thank you Lilolme for a great dish.
Really good! Nice and fast, too. It was very tasty just as directed; we also added coarsely cut pieces of onion and green pepper as a variation.