Recipe by Jewelies
Another recipe from the Australian Women's Weekly. An Australian cup is 250ml and a tablespoon is 20ml. Preparation time includes 30 minutes refrigeration.
Top Review by YnkyGrlDwndr
My first attempt at crackers. My cayenne says extra hot on it and I should have thought about that and adjusted the amount as they were very spicy. And my husband said he couldn't tell there was cheese in them at all. I could sense a hint of cheese but definately needs more cheese flavor. Mine were triangles as I didn't have a star cutter. Thanks!
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 60 g butter
- 3⁄4 cup tasty cheese, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1⁄2 cup cooked mashed potatoes
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour and pepper into a bowl, rub in butter.
- Stir in cheese, potato and egg yolk.
- Knead gently on floured surface until smooth, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Roll dough on lightly floured surface until 3mm thick.
- Use a star shaped cutter to cut into 5cm stars, press stars into seeds, place stars seed side up about 1cm apart onto greased oven trays.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.