Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This savory spread can be made up to a day ahead. Adapted from Bon Appetit Holidays.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- assorted crackers (optional) or toasted pita chips (optional) or assorted crudites (optional)
- When cheese is softened, pulse the cheese, soy sauce, ginger, and sherry in a food processor until mixed and smooth.
- Fold in green onions with a spatula.
- Chill mixture for 30 minutes.
- Shape into a ball and sprinkle/coat with sesame seeds.
- Serve on a plate surrounded by crackers, crudites, etc.
- If preparing ahead, bring it out about an hour before serving to soften a little.