Recipe by wicked cook 46
Posting for ZWT 5 Texmex/ Mexico/ Southwest region This is from a southwestcuisne website Times are approximate You can prepare these snacks up to 5 days ahead. Refrigerate in an airtight container For a spicy twist, use Pepper Jack cheese in place of the cheddar cheese.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup margarine, sliced
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Mix flour, salt and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl.
- Cut in margarine with a pastry blender or two knives until coarse crumbs form.
- Add Cheddar, cereal and sesame seeds to bowl; mix well.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a log on waxed paper. Slice dough into 1/2-inch discs.
- Arrange discs on baking sheets.
- Bake until crispies are firm and golden, about 15 minutes.