Posting for ZWT 5 Texmex/ Mexico/ Southwest region This is from a southwestcuisne website Times are approximate You can prepare these snacks up to 5 days ahead. Refrigerate in an airtight container For a spicy twist, use Pepper Jack cheese in place of the cheddar cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Mix flour, salt and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl.
- Cut in margarine with a pastry blender or two knives until coarse crumbs form.
- Add Cheddar, cereal and sesame seeds to bowl; mix well.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a log on waxed paper. Slice dough into 1/2-inch discs.
- Arrange discs on baking sheets.
- Bake until crispies are firm and golden, about 15 minutes.
Wonderful! My mom used to make a similar recipe but w/o sesame. Love the sesame addition!!!!
These tasty morsels are delicious! I cut the recipe in half, as I knew I would love them! I also used a habanero jack cheese, 'cause we like it HOT and I wanted to see how they would taste! It was wonderful and spicy, but not hot...Thanks for sharing, wicked cook! I'll be making these again soon!
Usually when I see cayenne pepper I want to reduce the amount, but for this recipe I didn't & was very happy that I'd followed the ingredients exactly ~ VERY, VERY TASTY TREATS that disappeared in no time at all! This is definitely a keeper of a recipe & these crispies made a great new addition to my finger food counter! Thanks, much, for posting the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag]