Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe has many variations including a dip, and cheese balls. Adapted from Cooking for Compliments by the Knudsen Dairy, Los Angeles, CA
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Blend or process cheeses together. Stir in the soy sauce and process until smooth. Stir in the sesame seeds. Serve with crackers.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of sour cream if a softer spread is desired.
- For a dip: substitute 1 1/2 cups of sour cream for the cream cheese.
- For cheese balls: combine all the ingredients except the sesame seeds. Form into small balls and roll in the sesame seeds, using more if necessary.
I can't believe I forgot to review this... Made it for a snack to take to a potluck at school before the holidays. The reviews were mixed. Some liked it, others thought it was missing something. I enjoyed it, and think next time I might sub Worcestershire sauce for the soy to try something different. Thanks for sharing.
While this is very tasty as written, I thot of it more as a work in progress that stopped short of being all it could be. That said, the beauty of it is you can take it there w/ease & suit pers pref in the journey. I am sorry cookiedog, but I could not stop myself from indulging my creative nature. The already present oriental element prompted me to add diced shrimp, water chestnuts, chili sauce & onion powder. I know I ended up w/another recipe entirely, so thx for getting me inspired w/such an excellent start. :-)
Wowee! Do you have any bad recipes Cookiedog? I made the dip version with sour cream and added sliced green onions at the end. I made half a recipe and that's actually a good thing because otherwise I would have eaten a whole recipe! I ate it with tortilla chips. I thought when I made it it wasn't going to be flavorful enough but it was! And it was so simple! I will be making this again. Thank you for yet another ter"ruff"ic recipe Cookiedog! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders.