Recipe by FloridaNative
These sounded very good to accompany soups and stews. Experiment with different cheese in the muffins for a different flavor or include 1/8 - 1/2 teaspoon of your favorite dried herbs in the mixture. From the "Southern Living Little Book of Mini Muffins and More".
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small sweet onion, finely diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups baking mix
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 2 minutes or until tender; set aside.
- Combine baking mix and half of cheese in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Stir together onion, egg, and milk, blending well.
- Add to cheese mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon into lightly greased miniature muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese and sesame seeds; drizzle with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Bake at 400 deg F for 12 to 14 minutes or until golden.
- Makes ~ 1 1/2 dozen mini muffins.
- Serving: 3 mini-muffins each.