Another simple, delicious, Chinese vegetable dish from The Key to Chinese Cooking
Make and share this Sesame Cauliflower recipe from Food.com.
- Separate the cauliflower into flowerets, trimming overly long stems. Leave the smaller ones intact; cut the larger ones in half so they're all about the same size. Rinse and drain. (But do not dry -- you want some moisture on the cauliflower.).
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat until hot; turn heat to medium. Add the oil, swirl and heat for about 15 seconds.
- Add the flowerets; stir quickly to coat them with oil, then sprinkle in the salt and stir briefly.
- Add the stock, making sure all of the stems are down in the liquid. When it boils, cover and simmer vigorously for 5 to 10 minutes (depending on the size of your flowerets) until tender.
- In the meantime, slice the scallions thinly.
- Uncover the cauliflower, turn heat high and stir gently but rapidly until there is just a little foaming liquid in the skillet. Toss in the scallions; add the teaspoon of sesame oil. Stir gently to distribute scallions and sesame oil throughout.