1/5 Photos of Sesame Cauliflower
Another simple, delicious, Chinese vegetable dish from The Key to Chinese Cooking
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate the cauliflower into flowerets, trimming overly long stems. Leave the smaller ones intact; cut the larger ones in half so they're all about the same size. Rinse and drain. (But do not dry -- you want some moisture on the cauliflower.).
- 2Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat until hot; turn heat to medium. Add the oil, swirl and heat for about 15 seconds.
- 3Add the flowerets; stir quickly to coat them with oil, then sprinkle in the salt and stir briefly.
- 4Add the stock, making sure all of the stems are down in the liquid. When it boils, cover and simmer vigorously for 5 to 10 minutes (depending on the size of your flowerets) until tender.
- 5In the meantime, slice the scallions thinly.
- 6Uncover the cauliflower, turn heat high and stir gently but rapidly until there is just a little foaming liquid in the skillet. Toss in the scallions; add the teaspoon of sesame oil. Stir gently to distribute scallions and sesame oil throughout.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.9
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.7 mg
- Sodium 1382.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 8.1 g