Recipe by MarielC
Cardamom can be expensive but these cookies are worth it. Store in a covered container. They get crispier so don’t overbake them. The yield depends on the size.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons cardamom
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixer bowl, cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, cardamom, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture. Mix until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or till firm enough to roll into balls.
- Shape dough into small balls about 3/4-inch in diameter or use a small cookie scoop to form balls. Roll in sesame seeds to coat.
- Set cookies 1-inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheets or use silicone baking mats. Bake at 350° for 12 to 14 minutes or till the edges are lightly browned. Cool slightly on pans, then remove to racks to cool completely.