Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy side dish with an Asian Flavor. Prep time does not include marinating time.
Make and share this Sesame Broccoli Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Whisk soy sauce, vinegar, oil, and honey in a large bowl until blended.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Steam broccoli florets until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir sesame seeds in heavy large skillet over medium heat until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to small bowl; cool.
- Mix broccoli and half of sesame seeds into dressing.
- Let marinate at room temperature at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours, tossing occasionally.
- Transfer broccoli to platter.
- Pour dressing over broccoli. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds.
Really good! I halved the sesame oil and quartered the sesame seeds, and it was still quite sesame-y! I steamed the broccoli 2 minutes and left out the sugar (personal preference).
I had just about 2 cups of broccoli I needed to use up and this did the job wonderfully! I halved the dressing. Delicious! Thanks Barb! :)
We loved the flavor of this nutritious salad! I cooked my broccoli in water for only 3 minutes,then drained and rinsed it with cold water to stop the cooking and keep the nice green color. After making the dressing I stirred it into the broccoli and then added some chopped water chestnuts (rinsed with lots of cold water) and a few chopped green onions. The sesame seed taste was strong, but we love that flavor. I think that this salad would be almost as good using canola oil if you don't have the sesame oil, or if you don't like it very much. We ate this salad at room temperature and enjoyed it very much, Barb.