1/10 Photos of Sesame Broccoli, Really..it's Good!
The dish is a nice and easy change from the norm, and quite different from some of the other broccoli recipes I have seen here. Try it, you might like it as much as we do! Due to a great suggestion from a reviewer, I have added toasting the sesame seeds, a marvelous idea! Also, PLEASE don't substitute the sesame oil as one review did here, you loose the entire flavor of this great dish! This is an adopted recipe and the above comments were made before I inherited it. Now having made this dish, I can concurr: it's a sesame oil that turns your head and gets your taste buds going in this recipe, and toasting the seeds also adds fuller flavour. I'm delighted to have adopted this recipe and will be making it often:) I hope that you will enjoy it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the broccoli for cooking. Boil, steam and drain. Please DO NOT over cook! Generally 6-8 minutes to steam or boil is about right for crisp broccoli.
- 2Heat the sesame oil on a skillet or wok for 15 seconds over high heat. Add the sesame seeds and the broccoli.
- 3Stir fry until heated through.
- 4Remove from the pan to a serving dish, pour soy sauce over!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Broccoli, Really..it's Good!
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.4
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 308.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 6.0 g