Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Andrea Immer.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 bunch broccoli
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- coarse sea salt, to taste
- Place sesame seeds in a small, dry skillet and toast, shaking the pan frequently, until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Rinse the broccoli and separate the florets from the stalks, reserving the stalks for another use.
- Arrange the florets in a vegetable steamer basket or steamer insert. Bring about 1 inch of water to boil in a deep, wide pot. Lower the steamer into the pot, making sure it rests above the water. Cover and cook the broccoli until tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked broccoli to a serving bowl and drizzle with the sesame oil.
- Add sea salt to taste, and sesame seeds and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
this recipe is just alright. i was looking for something easy and yummy to do with broccoli. this isnt it.
Super simple and simply delicious. Simplified by steaming in the microwave. Great 3 minute side dish.