One Little Deer's Note:
from whole foods: This highly nutritious chicken, cabbage, and kale dish is easily made and is very fresh tasting. It is a meal in one dish that is very satisfying and delicious with the chicken. By using our Healthy Sauté and stovetop braising techniques you get a healthier dish without heated oils that is still full of flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cups green cabbage, sliced thin
- 4 cups finely chopped kale, stems removed
- 1 medium onion, cut in half and sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion top
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- white pepper
- 11. Prepare ingredients as listed above.
- 22. Heat 1 TBS broth in a stainless steel wok or large skillet. Healthy Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until translucent. Add garlic and ginger and continue to sauté for another minute.
- 33. Add chicken pieces and cook for a couple of minutes. Add turmeric, coriander, and mix with chicken. Add kale. Sauté for another couple of minutes, stirring constantly.
- 44. Add ½ cup broth and bring to a boil on high heat. Reduce heat and simmer over low heat covered for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 55. Add cabbage, diced tomatoes, and vinegar and simmer for another 4 minutes. Remove from heat, toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- 66. Serve sprinkled with minced scallion tops and sesame seeds.
- 77. Healthy Cooking Tip: Make sure the cabbage does not cook more than about 4 minutes. If it cooks beyond that it will start releasing liquid and dilute the flavor of your dish. By slicing it thin, it allows it to cook in a short amount of time, creating a fresh tasting dish with a lot of flavor.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame Braised Chicken & Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (382 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.2
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 222.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 18.2 g