Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I just love bok choy. This is a great bok choy side dish.
- 1 head bok choy
- 78.07 ml chopped green onion
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 14.79 ml rice wine
- 22.18 ml light soy sauce or 22.18 ml regular soy sauce
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml canola oil
- 14.79 ml sesame seeds
- Wash bok choy. Cut stems AND tops into about 1-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine last 7 ingredients and mix well.
- Add bok choy to the dressing and toss to coat.
- Place in a hot wok or large pan and stir-fry over med-high heat for about 8 minutes or until desired tenderness is reached.
I toasted my seasame seeds and only added half to the marinade and used the other half to sprinkle over the plated dish. I used 2 baby bok choy for 3 of us. The only change I would make would be to divide the marinade and add stalks to one half and the leaf to the other and cook the stems for 2 minutes and then add the leaf for a minute for though the stems were nice and crispy the leaf was overdone for us but still the taste was very good.
I Love bok choy and this was Exactly what I was looking for!!!! I'm also crazy about very hot food so I used chili sesame oil and instead of soy sauce and brown sugar, I used hoisin sauce.. Made it last night and I'm making it again tonight!! YUMMY!!
An ideal side! We like everything about this the way I prepared it as I did make one minor change. The change I made was to toss the stems in one bowl and the leave in a second so as both the stems and leaves would be well sauced and could be cooked evenly by first putting in the stems in the pan for a few minutes and when almost done added the leaves, resulting in tender stems and bright lightly cooked leaves. I did not and would not change the ingredients as the flavors were perfect. This is going into my will make again book, thanks for the post.