1/5 Photos of Sesame-Blacked Carrots
Found in Sunset's Wok Cookbook; posting for ZWT6 (Asia)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place a wok over medium heat; when wok is hot, add sesame seeds and stir often until seeds taste toasted and the few light-colored seeds among the black turn golden about 2 minutes).
- 2Pour seeds out of wok and set aside.
- 3Add oil to wok and increase heat to medium-high.
- 4When oil is hot, add onion and stir-fry until soft (about 4 minutes).
- 5Add butter, carrots, and ginger; stir-fry until carrots are tender-crisp to bite (about 3 minutes).
- 6Stir in sesame seeds and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sesame-Blacked Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.1
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 169.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: