- 1⁄4 cup black sesame seed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, peeled and shredded (about 6)
- 1 tablespoon minced crystallized ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a wok over medium heat; when wok is hot, add sesame seeds and stir often until seeds taste toasted and the few light-colored seeds among the black turn golden about 2 minutes).
- Pour seeds out of wok and set aside.
- Add oil to wok and increase heat to medium-high.
- When oil is hot, add onion and stir-fry until soft (about 4 minutes).
- Add butter, carrots, and ginger; stir-fry until carrots are tender-crisp to bite (about 3 minutes).
- Stir in sesame seeds and season to taste with salt and pepper.