Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was originally based on a recipe for a crusted tuna dish but I make it with tofu. It's simple and fragrant. My husband really likes it. I usually serve it with soba noodles or a rice dish. It is pretty neutral and goes well with a lot of things.
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu (pressed if you like it that way)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon course black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cut tofu into 1 inch cubes.
- Mix sesame seeds and black pepper. (any spices can be used. seeds and coarsely ground spices give a nice texture).
- Coat all sides of tofu in the mixture.
- Bake in a nonstick or lightly oiled (sesame oil is nice) backing dish for approximately 15 minutes.
This appears to be an easy, tasty and great use of Tofu. I am a big fan of using tofu and this was something I've never tried. Thanks for sharing. I will rate soon. Lolly