Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my favorite salads from Moosewood cookbook. Easy if you use canned beets. I freeze my lemon juice in ice cube trays so I always have some on hand for this salad.
- 1 lb beet
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon cider vinegar or 1 -2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons minced onions or 2 tablespoons scallions
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- Cut leaves from beets leaving about an inch.
- Scrub beets and place in pot of water.
- Boil, then lower heat andcook about 30-45 minute.
- Drain and rinse with cold water so you can slip off the skins.
- Slice beets and toss with other ingredients.