Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from Cooking Light Magazine - Super Fast 20-Minute Cooking.
Make and share this Sesame Beef Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced (bottled)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (bottled)
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced on bias (or boneless sirloin steak)
- 8 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces (white and light green part only)
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Heat wok or skillet over high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add half of the beef to pan, and cook for 3 minutes or until browned. Remove the beef from pan and repeat procedure with remaining beef. Add onions; cook for 1 minute. Add soy sauce mixture; cook 1 minute. Return beef to pan; cook 1 minute. Stir in spinach, and cook 30 seconds. Top with sesame seeds.
We really enjoyed this for last nights dinner. I used 1k rump steak which we lightly pounded out and cut into squares so therefore doubled the sauce but due to intollerance issues only used 2 large spring onions and used all the white and green and picked some fresh silverbeet from the garden for the spinach and just sliced it up and DH cooked it up in a non-stick frypan and only used about half the sesame seeds which we had toasted. Thank you Nancy's Pantry, made for Make My Recipe - Edition 16.