Recipe by Sara 76
This Day 5: Dinner, on the 21 Day Wonder Diet. This is so delicious, lots of flavour with very little fat! Be sure to have all of your ingredients prepared and measured out before you start, so you can just tip each thing in as required!
Top Review by Tarteausucre
Used .40 lb steak, added more veggies, instead of the chili we added 1/8 tsp of each red pepper flakes, srikacha hot chili sauce and chili black bean sauce, with 2 pinches of sugar and a touch of mirin. 1/2 tsp seasame oil. We eat a lot of Asian food, and really enjoyed this meal. This so far has been my favorite meal. Thank you for reposting.
- 1⁄2 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 180 g rump steak, sliced thinly
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 150 g baby bok choy, quartered
- 1 long red chili, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons beef stock
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 150 g snow peas, sliced thinly
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine couscous with the water in medium heatproof bowl, cover; stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast sesame seeds in heated wok about 30 seconds; transfer to small bowl.
- Stir-fry beef in heated wok until browned; transfer to another small bowl.
- Stir-fry onion in heated wok 1 minute. Add garlic, bok choy and chilli; stir fry 1 minute. Add stock, sauces and beef; stir-fry until hot. Remove from heat; stir in peas.
- Serve couscous topped with stir-fry and sprinkled with sesame seeds.