Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy and quick! Serve this with mandarin oranges over cottage cheese. You can also add fresh snow peas and carrots.
- beef stew meat, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 bunch broccoli, cut leaving stems
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted gives more flavor)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch spinach, washed and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- hot steamed white rice
- In lg skillet saute beef with garlic in canola oil, until beef is almost done (to preferred doneness).
- Add broccoli and red pepper to skillet, and saute until crisp tender.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Transfer ingredients to a non reactive bowl with slotted spoon, add sesame oil tossing to coat.
- Serve over hot steamed white rice.
Very good! I added some tamari with the oil, garlic and meat for flavor. I did not use the slotted spoon and just added sesame oil to the pan. I was also heavy handed with the crushed red pepper. I would have liked a little more sauce with sauce this and will experiment with it in the future. Thanks!
Instead of choosing the local take-out, i chose this! i also had 1/3 bag of fresh spinach to use up...Perfect! I made minor changes using thinly sliced London Broil marinated in soy sauce, frozen broccoli and all canola oil since I had no sesame oil. I added more fresh garlic. I did sprinkle with sesame seeds in the last 3 minutes. I served this over jasmine rice. It was very tasty, quick and easy and I'll surely make again and again. Also, even better than the local take-out!
Simple and delicious! I love the taste of sesame oil and this was just the right amount. Highly recommended! UPDATE: I made this again and this time we thought the meat was really bland. I can't quite remember, but I may have used leftover seasoned beef the first time. Sorry for any confusion, but I still recommend this dish, just season the beef before cooking.