Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick workday supper, just add rice or noodles...
- 1 lb boneless lean beef, sliced in paper thin slices (fat removed)
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen stir fry vegetables, thawed
- Mix the cornstarch and several tablespoons of beef broth until a smooth paste is formed.
- Mix the sesame seed, cornstarch mixture, soy sauce, remaining beef broth, vinegar, sesame oil and gingerroot in a bowl.
- Set aside.
- In a large wok, heat the oil and stir fry the beef for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Mix in the vegetables and cook until barely tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and stir constantly until thickened.
- Serve over rice or noodles.