Recipe by donnacooks!
Get out the chopsticks it' s chinese for dinner tonight. This recipe goes together easily if you do all the prep work before starting to cook. This is an easy family supper that has everything meat, side and vegetable in one dish.
Top Review by Sophia Voychehovski
sauce was awesome! Easy and fun to make. Really salty. So would suggest rice noodles or pass on the ramen seasoning. We added mushroom which was perfect. Will prob try again with chicken.
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups water
- 2 (3 ounce) beef-flavor ramen noodles (plus seasoning packet)
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons oil (divided)
- 1 lb boneless sirloin, thinly sliced across grain
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb asparagus, thinly sliced diagonally
- toasted sesame seeds
- green onion (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix together, soy,rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, chopped ginger, 2 tsps. sesame oil cornstarch and pepper flakes, set aside.
- To 2 cups boiling water andd two beef ramen noodles, 1 seasoning packet, 4 scallions and 1 teaspoons sesame oil. Cook one minute, remove from heat; let stand covered.
- In a large skillet heat oil, add boneless sirloin and garlic and stir fry until lightly browned. Remove beef, keep warm. Add second Tbls. of oil add asparagus; stir fry until done to your taste.
- Add beef and soy mixture to skillet. Stir fry until thickened. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seed and more green onions. Toss with noodles and serve.