Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1⁄4 cup chinese black vinegar (Chinkiang) or 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar, divided
- 4 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 3⁄4 lb top round beef, cut into1/4-inch strips
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted and divided
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups red bell peppers, strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blanched shelled edamame, thawed (green soybeans)
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 (15 ounce) canwhole baby corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup diagonally cut green onion
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- Combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons vinegar, sesame oil, and five-spice powder in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add beef; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove beef from bowl; discard marinade.
- Combine 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons vinegar, water, and cornstarch, stirring with a whisk.
- Heat 1 teaspoon peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Remove beef from pan. Add 1 teaspoon peanut oil, 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, ginger, and garlic to pan; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add bell pepper, edamame, mushrooms, and corn; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add beef and cornstarch mixture; stir-fry 3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat; stir in 1 tablespoon sesame seeds and onions. Serve over rice.