Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick dinner entree that is great served over rice
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 1⁄2 lbs top sirloin steaks, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 2 cups red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Season beef with salt& pepper and dredge in sesame seeds.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok.
- Add peppers, onions, broccoli, cook about 2 minutes, stir, cook 2 minutes more, remove to plate.
- Add beef, stirring until cooked through.
- Add hoisin sauce, water, and lower heat to medium.
- Add vegetables back to pan, add sesame oil, season with salt and pepper, serve.
Very different and quite good! I added 2 cloves of minced garlic along with the veg as I just cannot survive without it! I served this over steamed rice and instead of seasoning with salt and pepper I used low sodium soy sauce. Next time I make it I will more than likely double the sauce ingredients as I like alot of sauce, but that is a personal preference that everyone else may not like. Thanks Chia I will make this again!
A decent family recipe. Scored high in how easy and quick it is to make. The sauce was a little sweet for my personal taste, there was nothing wrong with the taste, but I think I would prefer it with a couple of drops of hot sauce or chili sauce just to add some heat.
this looks and tastes great...