Recipe by Oolala
From a Girl Scouts cookbook (Washington Rock Council, Westfield, NJ); thought I'd share a very unique banana bread. I had never heard of this combination before. Careful to note that seeds may affect people who have nut allergies so note if taking to a bake sale, etc.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in bananas, milk and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9" X %" X 3" loaf pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from pan and slice and serve while it is still warm, or cool on a wire rack and wrap up.