3 minutes in the microwave and you're done! delicious!! from Cooking light.
Make and share this Sesame Asparagus with Garlic recipe from Food.com.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Place asparagus and 1/4 cup water in an 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- Microwave at high 3 minutes or until tender, drain, pour the vinegar mixture over asparagus, toss well.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Sprinkle with sesame seed, if desired.
Another good one Dorothy. I did this up ahead of time and served it cold. I used more garlic and sesame oil and liberally sprinkled with sesame seeds. Again, thank you Dorothy.
This dish is destined to be a regular side-dish in my house. I usually microwave asparagus, but the addition of this super easy sauce takes a standard preparation and turns asparagus into a flavor-packed, elegant dish. I love that the ingredients are all items I usually have in my pantry. This is my 1st review, thank you Derf for offering something that will become a frequent pleasure to make and eat. I made it to accompany salmon and it was fabulous.
This was a nice change of pace and it was very easy to prepare. We tried it at room temp but enjoyed it MUCH better when served chilled.