Recipe by Dancer^
Turn this simple stir-fry into an easy dinner with the addition of cooked chicken or shrimp, and serve on a bed of Asian noodles or white rice.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons light sesame oil or 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed,peeled and cut diagonally into 1 incj pieces
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar or 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 -2 teaspoon soy sauce, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet or wok, toast the sesame seeds over medium heat, shaking the pan about 1 minute or until the seeds are pale brown and nutty-smelling.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add the oils to the pan and warm over medium heat, then add the asparagus and stir-fry for about 1 to 2 minutes or until the asparagus begins to soften.
- Add the rice wine vinegar and soy sauce, and continue to stir-fry for another 1 to 2 minutes, or until tender but still crisp.
- Serve sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds.