Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great low carb side dish.
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- In nonstick 12-inch skillet, toast sesame seeds over medium-high heat until fragrant and golden, about 4 minutes. Transfer to small bowl.
- To same skillet, add olive oil and heat until hot. Add asparagus, garlic, and soy sauce, and cook, stirring, until asparagus is tender-crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Toss with sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
What a GREAT, EASY, and FLAVORFUL way to make asparagus! I used 8oz of Trader Joe's frozen tips and cuts and the same amounts of everything else. I used toasted sesame seeds. Made for Pick-A-Chef Fall 2007.