Recipe by Sashacrab
This is my favorite way to prepare asparagus. I try other recipes, but always come back to this one. It's also super fast to prepare, which is always nice.
Top Review by Brenda.
Add me to this recipe's list of admirers. I steamed the asparagus until tender crisp then cooled as directed and patted dry. I probably marinated closer to 3 hours and then transferred to a serving dish for later. Really flavorful and pretty. My DS love asparagus and this is another way to enjoy it. Thanks for sharing. *Made for PAC Spring 2010*
- 1⁄2 lb fresh asparagus
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, Toasted (watch them carefully so they don't burn)
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap off tough ends of Asparagus. Remove scales if desired.
- Cover & cook Asparagus in a small amount of boiling water for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain & rinse with cold water (I throw some ice cubes on top of them to stop the cooking).
- Combine Vinegar, Sesame Oil, & Sesame Seeds in large Zip-Lock bag.
- Add Asparagus.
- Chill 2 hours, turining occasionally.
- I double the recipe with 1 lb of Asparagus. Sometimes I cut back on the Red Wine Vinegar if I cooked the Asparagus too long.