Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from asparagusrecipes.net.
- 1 1⁄2 cups asparagus, sliced into half-inches
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 lime, juice of, freshly squeezed
- In a frying pan, heat sesame oil until it is hot. Quickly add the sesame seeds, asparagus, ginger, shallot, and garlic.
- Stir-fry about 1 minute. Add the beansprouts and red pepper. Stir for another minute.
- Remove from heat and add soy sauce and lime juice. Toss thoroughly.
Great recipe and a nice change from steamed or roasted asparagus. Loved all of the flavors in this. And pretty easy to put together.
A nice new (for us, at least) way to serve a vegetable that we enjoy, especially when I can find a very tender bunch! This time around it was just for the 2 of us, but it would be a wonderful treat to prepare this for special dinner guests! Thanks for the great keeper recipe! [Made & reviewed in I Recommend recipe tag]
A different way to make asparagus, served with some maple chicken. The sauce was good, though it might be toned down next time, still we enjoyed this great side dish of a treat. :). Made for PRMR tag..