Recipe by Ellara
These are delicious. I make them whenever I can as either a snack or dessert, I just love them and they are so simple.
Top Review by Stardustannie
A nummy snack, I omitted the oil and cooked with a little butter in a non stick electric pan (I find it easier to regulate the heat better for piklets/pancakes in elec instead of on the gas)As with all piklets flip over only when the little bubbles have risen to the top and are starting to pop. A quick and easy snack, thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 apple, grated
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients, mix well.
- Cook in a buttered frying pan.
- Serve with whipped butter.
- Whipped Butter: Whip butter with an electric beater.
- An alternative to whipped butter is honey butter, just add 2 T of honey to the butter.